EURO-CIU is a non-governmental and non-profit association which was established in Luxembourg in 1995. The association consists of 31 national member associations from 23 European countries.
Altogether the EURO-CIU represents almost 150.000 cochlear implant (CI) users across Europe, approximately 60% of whom are adults and 40% children.
The mission of EURO-CIU is to increase access to the gift of hearing provided by cochlear implantation through awareness and research.
The Board is comprised of:
- Mª Teresa Amat, President
- Sari Hirvonen-Skarbö, 1st Vice President
- Ervin Bonecz, 2nd Vice President
- Beatrice Cusmai, Secretary
- Henri-Francois Baiverlin, Treasurer
EURO-CIU symposia are always connected with deliberations of EURO-CIU delegates.